“INTRANOSE CAUSES CAUSING SINUSITIS CAN BE DIAGNOSED BY ENDESCOPIC EXAMINATION”
Sinusitis surgery is a very delicate surgery. A symptom of sinusitis can sometimes be just postnasal drip. Intranasal causes that cause sinusitis can be diagnosed by endoscopic examination.
Sinuses moisturize the air we breathe and help clean it from germs. It helps to lighten our skull bones and also plays an important role in the characteristic formation of our voice. If the sinuses do not ventilate properly as a result of nasal congestion, bacteria or viruses accumulate in them, which can cause bacterial sinusitis.
“YOUR SINUSITIS SPECIFIC QUESTION?”
Is Sinusitis Easy to Treat? Which Anesthesia is Applied?
These are difficult surgeries for the doctor but easy for the patient. The doctor who will perform the surgery must have all the technical equipment, knowledge and experience. This surgical procedure, which can be performed under local or general anesthesia, is completed in 1-2 hours.
The postoperative period is very easy, and since a tampon that completely covers the nose is not generally used, the patient can return to normal activities in a short time.
What Should Patients Do Before Sinusitis Surgery?
– After all necessary diagnoses have been made for sinusitis patients and the decision to have surgery is made, the surgery date is determined.
– Patients are given comfortable and loose clothing before the surgery.
– Accessories such as rings, watches and earrings must be removed.
– At the same time, patients should not wear make-up.
– Cream should not be applied to the face before sinusitis surgery.
– Patients should wash their faces thoroughly with soap before sinusitis surgery.
Her hair is pulled back.
When Will I Recover After Sinusitis Surgery?
– Patients are usually discharged on the first day of surgery and followed up as an outpatient.
– It is removed within 1-2 days with a tampon that does not cover the nose, the patient is followed up and the patient can return to work on the 5th day.
– After a 3-week early follow-up period, patients are included in long-term follow-up.
– In case of symptoms such as excessive bleeding, sharp headache, fever of 38.6 °C and higher, swelling in the nose and eyes, thin transparent fluid discharge from the nasal passages, a surgeon should be contacted immediately.
– After the hospital discharge documents of the patient being treated for sinusitis are prepared, the patient can leave the hospital home with his/her relative.
– During the resting phase after sinusitis surgery, patients can lie on a high pillow and keep their heads up to reduce the swelling that occurred during the surgical operation.
– Patients can get help from their relatives when getting out of bed for a while.
– Patients may experience bleeding in their stools when they use the toilet. Because patients may suffer from constipation due to bowel movements. If a person is constipated, he or she should take a stool softener or laxative.